Browse Items (42 total)

carnegielibrarygroupphoto.png
Three men in the foreground from left to right:
1. James H. Walder, President of the Park Board
2. Nicholas Mangini, sub-contractor
3. James J. Lynch, contractor

This photograph was taken in 1903.

constructionofthecarnegielibrary.png
This photograph was taken in 1903.

2021.049.001.jpg
The first cornerstone of this library was laid on June 20, 1903. It opened to the public on July 8, 1904. The library closed on May 2, 1981.

2018.001.047.jpg
This photograph was taken in the late 1940s.

2019.001.045.jpg
Behind the desk from left to right: Helen E. Hayes; Helen Fitzharris; Catherine Stewart; Rhoda Breithast; Eleanor Upton
(facing Rhoda)

2018.001.041.jpg
This photograph was taken in the 1940s.

2018.001.042.jpg
This program was held in 1940.

2018.001.040.jpg
Boys Scouts from Troop 2 are at the library for the opening of a Boys Scouts of America merit badge pamphlet collection.

2018.001.043.jpg
The one millionth book was borrowed at 3:07 PM on December 19, 1961.

2018.001.044.jpg
The first cornerstone of this library was laid on June 20, 1903. It opened to the public on July 8, 1904. The library closed on May 2, 1981.
This photograph was taken in 1981.
Output Formats

atom, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-json, omeka-xml, rss2